Preheat oven to 350º
- 1 box white cake mix – bake as directed in a 9×13 pan
- 1 – 8 oz package cream cheese, softened to room temp
- 1/2 C powdered sugar
- 1 – 8 oz container Cool Whip, thawed
- 3 Cups strawberries (or more), sliced
- 1/4 to 1/2 C sugar
Bake your cake. Cool at least 1 hour.
Slice strawberries & coat well w/sugar. Refrigerate until ready to eat.
Beat cream cheese & powdered sugar on medium speed until smooth. Fold in Cool Whip. Spread evenly over cake. Refrigerate until ready to eat.
Pour strawberries & the resulting strawberry juice over the entire cake OR serve the strawberries over each slice of cake w/ a wee bit of juice.
- Any berry or combination of berries would work wonderfully. Add bananas for sheer yumminess or kiwi for eye candy. A squirt of lime never hurt anything.
- You can layer the cream cheese/powdered sugar with Cool Whip on the top.
- If you want add’l topping, buy more Cool Whip. (cool whip doesn’t pay me, haha)
- Additional crunch on top would be good, too — crumbled graham crackers or shortbread type cookies, toasted pecans & coconut…
- If you don’t want to macerate the strawberries in the sugar, a purchased strawberry glaze or some kind of jam could be mixed in with the sliced strawberries.