This lovely dessert came with a price….the use of my trigger finger, for about 2 weeks. Never cut your perfectly crunchy brownie edges with the blade up and if you forget this little pearl of wisdom — save the brownies! Anyway, I sorry I don’t have a picture for you….anything in a trifle bowl always looks yummy. I could share a picture of my homemade bandage job on my finger, but I don’t want to spoil this page.
1 9×13 pan of baked brownies – a little overdone is ok
1 C strongly brewed coffee, divided
1 – 8oz pkg cream cheese, softened
1 C cold milk
1 – 3.9oz box instant chocolate pudding
2 C Cool Whip, thawed (more if you want a topping)
1 C fresh raspberries (totally optional) – just about any fruit would work
Decide on a garnish – shaved chocolate, a bit of fresh fruit, sprigs of mint, flowers….
1. Cut your brownies into 1/2″ to 1″ squares.
2. Toss brownie squares with 1/4 C coffee.
3. Beat cream cheese and remaining coffee until smooth. Gradually mix in milk. Add dry pudding and beat 2 min. Stir in Cool Whip.
4. Layer: 1/2 the brownies, 1/2 the pudding mixture, fresh fruit if you’re using, remaining brownies, remaining pudding mixture.
5. Cover w/more Cool Whip is desired.
6. Garnish and Refrigerate 1 hour.
This recipe didn’t fill up my trifle bowl quite enough, (maybe I nibbled too many brownies……nah) so I added a thick layer of Cool Whip on top.