Is it too late to plan a menu for this week? I’d ask Elaine, however, it looks like she’s too busy running around to cook, but at least she has a plan!
I’ll start with MONDAY/yesterday, anyway – see if I can remember. Ah yes, it’s coming back to me.
MONDAY (piano, tkd, baseball)
Lunch -frozen pizza – Great Value Rising Crust cheese (thumbsdown) & Great Value Thin Crust 3 Meats (decent enough), red jello
Snack – Sonic mozzarella sticks and a soda
Dinner – Tops BBQ cheeseburgers with double fries and a soda
Now you see why I need to do some meal planning? Oy!
Lunch – salad, scoop of tuna salad, chicken noodle soup w/cheez-its
Dinner – fried chicken legs, steamed broccoli (scratch that already, chicken still too frozen) replace w/shrimp scampi alfredo w/peas, finish off jello
Lunch – salad, chicken legs scrambled eggs with chopped ham & cheese, sausage, fresh strawberries
Dinner – probably not fried chicken legs… Sonic saves dinner again.
I’ll have to look in the freezer to plan the rest……..
Lunch – maybe I’ll get around to frying the chicken legs that refuse to thaw in my refrigerator, today. Yes, chicken legs done fried and ‘et. Mashed ‘taters, corn & peas.
Dinner – baked oatmeal and peaches, maybe?
FRIDAY (tkd, baseball)
SATURDAY (gone from 7am-1pm, baseball) –maybe hubby will bbq some ribs
SUNDAY (church am & pm)
My menu challenges
- have lost most of my interest and enthusiasm for cooking (aka lazy)
- lunch is our biggest meal b/c hubby is home – we are 2nd shifters
- I don’t want to be cooking lunch half a day either – it is also our busiest homeschooling part of the day
- the boys and I are out almost every evening either for church or their sports activities
- my crock pot died and I can’t decide which one to replace it with