Tagged by Ginger. She called me interesting. Thanks for giving me something to blog and get BHO outta my top post slot.
**Four things I was doing 10 years ago….** 1998
1. In the process of moving to Germany – so a gazillion things were happening.
2. I was 6-7 months pregnant with my youngest. It was a doozie of a pregnancy.
3. Flew an 8 hour transatlantic aboard a packed flight and they were stingy with the water. I think I bloated up to twice my normal size.
4. My daughter was driving us insane. Because I love her and wouldn’t want to embarrass her here, no details are forth-coming.
**Four things I was doing 5 years ago….** 2003
Why is this one so much more difficult than then 10 year one? Oh b/c I am horrible with numbers, dates? Or maybe I just have fuzzy thinking from drinking fluorinated water.
1. Living the northern VA rat race.
2. Found a wonderful church where my christian walk with God really took off.
3. Probably sitting on a Little League bleacher.
4. Bought a new Toyota Corolla this year – a most sensible car and we are such sensible folk.
** Four things I am doing this year….** 2008
1. Switching our homeschool plans to a more traditional method (gasp!) with a twist (BJU HomeSat) b/c I need a break.
2. Taking voice lessons – lalalalaaaaah
3. Co-teaching Sunday School (teen girls – yikes!)
4. Crocheting – I list this as this year even though I’ve been doing it for more than a year. My current big project is a Flannelghan in black and red.
**Four things I did yesterday….** 5/28/08
1. Spent $300 at Kohl’s … yes, we needed every item and I got a ton of clothes for us.
2. Spent $300 at Costco … yes, we needed every item…except maybe those 2 big vibrant beach towels.
3. Went to Wednesday night church and taught my next-to-last King’s Kids class. Watched a dear friend and co-laborer counsel a 6th grade girl as to why it isn’t acceptable to slap someone just b/c you think they are talking about you.
4. Filled my bird feeders. Thistle for my finches has been hard to find lately….i dunno why. They are happy and I am happy to see them flittering about.
**Four shows I like….***
1. CSI Miami – don’t ask me why I like this b/c I can’t explain it.
2. Food Network – we get to watch this when on vacation or visiting someone with all those fancy schmancy channels.
3. all the StarTreks – well, except DS9
4. I loved Designing Women – remember that one from the 80s?
**Four biggest joys of the moment….**
1. God and His protection is an amazing thing to me and I wonder how I can feel insecure or unsafe in this world when I have seen His hedge at work around me.
2. DH and I will be celebrating our 18th anniversary at the end of the summer. He is a joy and a source of joy to me. ‘Stand by your man’ like the country song says.
3. Growing children. Growing physically and growing spiritually.
4. Teaching – homeschooling, youth group, Sunday school.